How to hide extensions in very short hair is not a daunting question. Keep reading this blog and you will find the answer for it.
- 1 How to hide extensions in very short hair: Choosing the right extensions
- 2 How to hide extensions in very short hair: Instructions
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Choosing the right extensions
As someone with short hair, I know firsthand the importance of selecting extensions that look natural and blend seamlessly with my own hair. That’s the first thing of how to hide extensions in very short hair.
There are a few types of extensions that work particularly well for short hair:
- Tape-in extensions: These extensions are perfect for short hair because they lay flat against your scalp, making them virtually undetectable.
- Micro-link extensions: These extensions are also a great option for short hair because they’re small and lightweight, making them easy to blend in with your natural hair.
- Human hair extensions: To achieve the most natural look possible, it’s important to choose human hair extensions over synthetic ones.
These are the types of hair extensions you can use for your very short hair. Choosing the right ones for your hair can make it look more naturally beautiful. You will feel comfortable and confident when using it.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Instructions
Now we reach the instructions part of how to hide extensions in very short hair. In this part i will show you everything you need to do, keep scrolling.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Preparations
The first thing to do on how to hide extensions in very short hair is to prepare your hair well. As someone who has worn extensions before, I know the importance of preparing your natural hair before installation. Here are some tips:
- Washing and conditioning: Before installing extensions, it’s crucial to wash and condition your hair thoroughly. This ensures that your natural hair is clean and free of any product buildup that could affect the blending of the extensions.
- Straightening your hair: Blow dry your hair straight to ensure that it’s as smooth as possible. This will make it easier to blend with the extensions and create a seamless look.
- Reducing frizz: Use a flat iron to further smooth out your hair and reduce any frizz. This will help the extensions blend in better and create a more natural look.
- Pro tip: Apply a light oil or serum to add shine and reduce frizz. This will help your own hair and the extensions blend together seamlessly.
Below are what you should do to best prepare your extensions for the installing process, a important part of how to hide extensions in very short hair.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Installment
Installment is a crucial part of how to hide extensions in very short hair. When it comes to installing extensions, I always start at the nape of my neck and work my way up. This ensures that the extensions are evenly distributed and look natural. Here are my tips:
- Tape-in extensions: If you’re using tape-in extensions, take a small section of hair and apply the extension close to the root. Press down firmly to secure the extension. Repeat this process until all extensions are installed.
- Micro-links: If you’re using micro-links, take a small section of hair and thread the extension through the link. Then, clamp the link close to the root of your natural hair. Repeat this process until all extensions are installed.
- Tips: Remember to be gentle when installing your extensions to avoid damaging your natural hair. Once all of your extensions are installed, style your hair as desired. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant when using hot tools on your extensions to prevent damage.
That’s how you can install hair extensions properly can correctly. I hope you can achieve your desired look with these tips.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Blending
After installing your extensions, it’s important to blend them with your natural hair for a seamless look. To this stage you have almost everything to know on how to hide extensions in very short hair. Here are some tips:
- Blending with a razor comb: Using a razor comb, carefully blend the ends of your natural hair with the extensions. This will help create a natural-looking transition between your hair and the extensions.
- Trimming excess length: If necessary, use scissors to trim any excess length from your extensions or cut your hair extensions. This will help ensure that your hair looks even and balanced.
- Adding volume and texture: Apply a texturizing spray or powder to add texture and volume to your hair. This will help create a more natural and cohesive look between your natural hair and the extensions. Remember to be gentle when blending your hair and extensions to avoid damaging either.
With these tips, you can achieve a flawless blend between your natural hair and extensions.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Styling
Styling your hair to match the extensions is a very important part of how to hide extensions in very short hair. After blending your extensions, it’s crucial to style your hair in a way that conceals them. Here are some tips:
Create loose waves: Using a curling iron or wand, create loose waves to blend your natural hair with the extensions.
Half-up, half-down hairstyle: A half-up, half-down hairstyle covers the top layer of extensions while showcasing your natural hair.
Add braids or twists: Braids or twists add texture and hide visible extension clips.
That’s the way you can style your hair to make it blend well with the extensions. You can choose a right way for yourself with the above hair- styling solutions.
How to hide extensions in very short hair: Maintenance
After knowing how to hide extensions in very short hair, you need to know the way to keep that look. To ensure your extensions last as long as possible, you need to maintain them properly. Here’s what you should do:
- Brushing and washing: Brush your extensions gently with a soft-bristled brush. Wash your extensions every 2-3 days with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoiding heat and sleeping: Avoid using heat tools on your extensions too often – this can damage them. Sleep with your hair in a loose braid or bun to prevent tangling.
- Seeking professional help: If you’re having trouble hiding your extensions, it may be time to seek professional help. A hairstylist who specializes in extensions can assist you in selecting the appropriate type of extensions for your hair and installing them correctly. They can also provide you with personalized styling advice to ensure that your extensions appear seamless.
These are the ways you can do to take care of your extensions after learning how to hide extensions in very short hair. With good care, you keep your hair style for a long period of time, and it still looks amazing. Hope you find this useful.